dachshund rescue questions answered!
- Is anyone in the Tampa, Florida interested in being a foster home for dachshund? We are a dachshund rescue. We need foster homes for the dachshund we take in. Our rescue pays for the dachsie's vetting and medication, you provide the home and the food. You assess the dachsie's personality and what it needs in a forever home. When the right home applies, you have the final say in whether your foster dachsie goes to them. It is wonderfully rewarding to help an abandoned or turned in dachshund get a new lease on life, you will be amazed at how much satisfaction and love you get from these little fosters. Think about it, if you have room in your home and heart for a homeless dachshund, temporarily, until a forever home can be found, please let me know. Thanks.
- What Should I Name my Dog Accessories Business? Hi, I am starting to make quilts, dog beds and sleeping bags, toys, travel pillows, and leashes. My name in Alex. I am wanting to donate 10% of the sale to a local dachshund rescue. I will be making my own website and will be advertising other places online, but I am unsure of what I should name my "business". Please if you have an idea let me know.
- Where can I adopt a Miniature Dachshund in New England? I live in Western Massachusetts and I would really like to stay in MA or CT, are there any Dachshund rescues or kennels in either state?
- How much would a miniature short haired dachshund cost? I really want a dog and hopefully I'm getting one soon. If I do, I'm looking into getting a miniature short haired dachshund from a rescue shelter. I live in St. Louis MO(Missouri) and was wondering how much they cost. I'm really looking for something under $150. Thanks in advance!
- How do you train a grown dachshund that was abused before you got them? I adopted a dachshund from a rescue and he has been abused in the past you can just tell. I was told he was house trained and for the most part he is. But he is developing a habit of going in my house. I take him out the same time everyday and feed him the same time everyday. His routine is the same. He goes in the house about 15 min. before he is scheduled to go out. What can I do to train him better?
- Wheres a good place to buy a dachshund? Websites or local dachshund rescue I live around Milwaukee, WI. I thought there was a dachshund rescue in milwaukee but I can't find it. Thanks
- What are the consequences of a dog not having any teeth? I am looking into adopting a mini dachshund who was rescued from a puppy mill. She is about 2-3 years old and had horrible teeth when she was found. The rescue group took her to the vet and they ended up having to pull 15 of her teeth. She also had a pretty nasty gum infection. They mentioned that it was obvious that she had had numerous litters. What are the consequences of her losing so many teeth? And are puppy mill dogs more prone to infections or other diseases after they're rescued? Thank you for any info you can give me!
- How do I train my bad dachshund? I got a 4 year old dachshund from the pound that had gotten taken from an abusive man that had over 130 dachshunds. When I go her she had no Idea how to use the bathroom outside! I've been trying for the last year and I'll I've gotten out of her is a soiled carpet. We're moving soon and if I can't train her I have to give her away. (Thanks to my mom) I couldn't bare to do that because she's gotten so used to being loved-and I love her-and I want her to stay here. Any tips? Okay- first off I take her out 5 times a day. I practically live out side- and so does she. I've gotten a professional dog trainer to help me. She just doesn't know how to learn I was asking on here to get some advice. Not for you to tell me I'm doing something wrong.
- How much are mini dachshund pups in your area? We live in Nevada and have found that 'pet quality' unregistered/limited registered dachshunds go for about $500. Is that pretty typical? Just wondering what price we will need to pay to get a nice pup, that doesn't have to be registered to make us happy. Our biggest concern is temperament and no inbreeding.